The Inclusive Early Childhood Classroom
Easy Ways to Adapt Learning Centers for all Children
Patti Gould and Joyce Sullivan
©1999 by Gryphon House
Features of the book
- Simple, concrete suggestions for preschool and kindergarten teachers.
- Choose from many easy to implement modifications.
- Help children with developmental, orthopedic, behavorial, and visual needs.
- Make circle time, snack time, transitions, and fine motor activities more accessible to children with special needs.
- Adapt block play, sand and water table play, dramatic play, and outdoor play to better meet the needs of children with disabilities.
Please give us feedback on the suggestions that you have tried. What worked, what didn't? And have you tried any of your own ideas?
Updated 9 January 2016.